Monday 26 November 2012

Introduction

Hi, My name is Jemma and this is me in the snow. This is what December looks like where I live. And as if the cold and snow and misery of December isn't bad enough, this December there is a new plan: That plan is to take a narrowboat my owners have just bought, from Barrow on Soar to North Derbyshire (Furness Vale). 

I am told this is 109 miles and includes tackling 62 locks and a 2 mile tunnel! It will take 12 days and we arrive back home on Christmas eve. 

Well, we arrive home on Christmas eve IF everything happens, and IF there are no problems with all the things that there could be problems with! 

The things there could be problems with are too numerous to list! 



This is LUCY BELLE (although it may say Florence at the moment).

At least we will, I am told, have a new stove to keep cosy. This is it nearly fitted. Just one piece missing.

Next weekend, we are taking Lucy Belle for a spin up to Loughborough, just to check everything looks OK. I will let you know how that goes.

No comments: